With the days getting colder we took inspiration from our Spiced Pumpkin Pie Brownies and make some super tasty spiced pumpkin soup!
We thought we would share the recipe with you to make for you lovely customers. Good luck!
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 medium onions – sliced
3 cloves of garlic – crushed
5 cm piece of ginger – grated
3 tsp medium curry powder
750g pumpkin – cubed
400g tin of coconut milk
400ml vegetable stock
50g pumpkin seeds
creme fraiche for dressing
- Heat a large saucepan and roast the pumpkin seed gently, watch not to burn them!
- Take the pumkin seeds out the pan and put to one side
- Place the oil in the pan and cook the onion untill soft
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder to the onions and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk and stock to the pan and simmer gently until the pumpkin is soft. Remember to stir regularly.
- Allow the soup to cool slighlty and then blend
- Add a small dollop of creme fraiche and the toasted pumpkin seeds
This is a fun recipe to add your own twist – you could top with coconut flakes!